Manages employee safety for the organization by promoting sound risk management principles, strategies to decrease the risk of harm or injury to employees in the senior living environment, as well as residents and visitors, and compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, including but not limited to those enforced by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Promotes a culture of safety in the senior living environment through the development and dissemination of training, education and policies, as well as through standardization of processes.
2. Cultivates employee engagement in safety activities and programs through best practices, such as surveying employees and developing appropriate safety incentives.
3. Oversees compliance with OSHA, DOT and other federal and state laws and regulations, including facilitation of OSHA recordkeeping, reporting and training programs.
4. Investigates and/or coordinates with other departments on the investigation of safety incidents subject to the oversight of OSHA, DOT and other government agencies and interfaces with those agencies to facilitate resolution.
5. Develops and facilitates training on a variety of safety topics in the senior living environment, such as operation of motor vehicles and safe resident handling, in an effort to reduce employee injuries and illnesses.
6. Collaborates with the Work Comp Manager to classify and prioritize risks based on their frequency and severity in order to focus resources and develop risk control strategies.
7. Assists locations in reporting auto accidents, facilitates recovery, and tracks and trends accidents for patterns.
8. Leads and/or reviews investigations, facilitates root cause analysis, and provides insight and risk management strategies in response to incidents.
9. Participates in the development of corrective action plans and monitors follow-up of recommended improvements stemming from risk assessments.
10. Reviews quality improvement findings, performance improvement results, and information from various internal committees.
11. Analyzes and implements, as appropriate, recommendations from loss prevention consultants and insurance carriers.
12. Provides on call assistance for emergent/urgent risk management issues as needed.
13. Chairs and/or participates in committees and task forces, as appropriate.
14. Travel (50%) including overnight stay as necessary.
Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Trilogy Health Services was founded in December 1997 and is dedicated to being the Best Healthcare Company in the Midwest by providing exceptional, comprehensive care to seniors in our living communities. Trilogy has over 100 locations and continues to grow across IN, OH, MI and KY. Join our growing company and experience the Trilogy Difference. We care for you while you care for others. #C4U
Trilogy Health Services: Where Family Comes to Live and Team Members Come to Grow!
The Trilogy Difference includes:
Not convinced? Check us out on Glassdoor: bitly.com/trilogyglassdoor
Not ready to apply? Our Talent Network is a great way to keep up with open positions here at Trilogy Health Services. By signing up, you’ll receive alerts based on your skills and the type of position you are seeking. To join our Talent Network, click the link below.